ENNISCRONE & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL & INDUSTRIAL SHOW
Cookery is the art, technology, science and craft of preparing food for consumption. Cooking techniques and ingredients vary widely across the world, from grilling food over an open fire to using electric stoves, to baking in various types of ovens, reflecting unique environmental, economic, and cultural traditions and trends. The ways or types of cooking also depend on the skill and type of training an individual cook has.
Rules pertaining to Home Industries Section
- Strictly No entries will be taken on the day of show.
- All Entries to be in place by 9.30am and judging will commence at 10.30am sharp.
- Entries must be the work of Amateur Exhibitors.
- Closing date for Entries Friday 5th July at 4 pm.
- The Show will not take responsibility for any loss or damage to exhibitor’s property.
- Farm Produce, Horticulture, All entries must be grown by the competitor, incorrect dimensions or an excessive number of vegetables, fruit etc will be disqualified.
- Arts, Crafts, Photography, Woodwork must be the unaided work of the competitor and should not have been shown previously at Enniscrone Show. All work should comply with the dimensions stated.
- Cookery. All entries must be the un-aided, home-produced work of the exhibitor. Entries should comply with numbers and dimensions stated.
- Flowers. All entries must be homegrown except in the case of wildflowers, Entries should comply with numbers and dimensions stated.
- Junior Entries should have the Date of Birth of entrant written on the front of the exhibit card. The upper age limit for junior entrants 18yrs on 31st Dec 2018. Please ensure that you enter into the correct age category class.
- ALL ENTRANTS SHOULD ENSURE CORRECT CLASS NUMBER IS ATTACHED TO THEIR EXHIBIT; A FREE GATE ENTRY PASS WILL BE GIVEN WITH TEN OR MORE ENTRIES IN THE SENIOR SECTION.
All Entries Homemade by Exhibitor
Special Prize will be awarded to the best exhibit in this Section
Sponsor: Billy’s Bakery, Market Square Ballina
Sponsors: Checkout Enniscrone, Centra Enniscrone, Tracey’s Café, Dympna Hannan,
Maloney’s Supervalue Ballina, Classic Boutique Ballina, Hallahans
Barbers, Francis Boyle, McNultys Bar, Kieran Holmes Insulation
152 BROWN BREAD
153 BROWN SODA SCONES (3 ON A PLATE)
154 TEA-SCONES FRUIT. (3 ON A PLATE)
155 MUFFINS (3 ON A PLATE])
156 CUPCAKES DECORATED (3 ON A PLATE)
157 BISCUIT CAKE
158 MADERIA CAKE
159 LIGHT FRUIT CAKE.
160 LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE
161 GINGER CAKE
162 CHERRY CAKE
163 CARROT CAKE
164 SPONGE CAKE (Jam Filling)
165 COFFEE AND WALNUT BUTTER SPONGE (Decorated)
166 APPLE TART
167 BAKEWELL TART
168 CAKE OF GLUTEN FREE BREAD – PLAIN 169 GLUTEN FREE FRUIT CAKE
170 GLUTEN FREE CUPCAKES (3 ON PLATE)
All to be presented in 1lb pots
Please make sure name is on base of jam pots and use jam pot lids only.
Please put class number and exhibit number on pot and lid.
Sponsor: Igoe Quality Meats & Junction Restaurant
174 RHUBARB JAM
175 LEMON CURD
179 AFTERNOON TEA FOR 2
Entry fee €5,
1st prize €50, 2nd prize €30, 3rd prize €20
Sponsor: Shelly Kennedy & Barretts Cash n Carry
INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY COOKERY SECTION
(open age group)
Entry Fee to Intellectual Disability €1
1st Prize €10 2nd Prize €7 3rd Prize €5
Sponsor Michael & Caroline Coggins Agri Contractor
180 HOME-MADE CUPCAKES (3 on plate)
181 HOME-MADE PLAIN BISCUITS (3 on plate)
JUNIOR COOKERY (up to 18 years)
Sponsor Patrick Conlon Building & Carpentry, Fergal Cawley
Special Junior Cookery Overall Prize – Sponsor: Sheila Renouf
All entries must be the unaided work of the exhibitor
Entry Fee to Junior Section €2
1st Prize €10 2nd Prize €7 3rd Prize €5
182 HOME-MADE MUFFINS (3 ON PLATE)
183 HOME-MADE GINGER BISCUITS (3 ON A PLATE)
184 HOME-MADE CUPCAKES DECORATED (3 ON PLATE)
185 HOME-MADE BROWNIES (3 ON PLATE)
186 HOME-MADE APPLE TART.
187 HOME-MADE PLAIN SPONGE – JAM FILLING
188 HOME-MADE BIRTHDAY CAKE (BUTTER SPONGE DECORATED)
189 All Ireland Baking Championship
Presented by: The Irish Shows Association & Castleblayney Show
5th Aug 2019
Entry Fee: to qualifying show: €3; to Final €6.
1. Each Baker will bake 3 items
A. Chocolate Biscuit Cake (7” Round or Square Cake Tin)
B. Four Chocolate Brownies
C. Four Almond Squares
Prizes: 1st €300; 2nd €200, 3rd €100, 4th €60, 5th €50, 6th €40.
Each of the successful qualifiers will receive a memento on appearance at the final.
190 The All Ireland Domestic Arts Championship
Presented By: The Irish Shows Association & Bonniconlon Show
Monday 5th August 2019.
Entry Fee: To Qualifying Show €3. To Final €6.
1. Each exhibit must consist of Three Items from the list below:
A. Handmade Picture any medium max 60cm x 45cm including frame.
B. Flower arrangement for a Dining Room Table (space allowed 12”X12”)
C. Six Potatoes any variety
D. Decorated Vitoria Sponge (20cm/8” round) (filling and decoration must be non perisable).
Entry Fee: To qualifying show €3. To Final €6
Prizes: 1st €250; 2nd €200; 3rd €130; 4th €65; 5th to 25th €30 each