ENNISCRONE & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL & INDUSTRIAL SHOW
Over 300,000 hectares of the best land in Ireland is engaged in tillage farming, or the annual production of crops for harvest. Cereal crops are the main output, led by barley, then wheat and then oats.
Did You Know: The pounds of feed (grain, forage, etc.) a dairy cow needs to eat to produce 100 pounds of milk has decreased by more than 40% on average in the last 40 years.
Rules pertaining to Home Industries Section
- Strictly No entries will be taken on the day of show.
- All Entries to be in place by 9.30am and judging will commence at 10.30am sharp.
- Entries must be the work of Amateur Exhibitors.
- Closing date for Entries Friday 5th July at 4 pm.
- The Show will not take responsibility for any loss or damage to exhibitor’s property.
- Farm Produce, Horticulture, All entries must be grown by the competitor, incorrect dimensions or an excessive number of vegetables, fruit etc will be disqualified.
- Arts, Crafts, Photography, Woodwork must be the unaided work of the competitor and should not have been shown previously at Enniscrone Show. All work should comply with the dimensions stated.
- Cookery. All entries must be the un-aided, home-produced work of the exhibitor. Entries should comply with numbers and dimensions stated.
- Flowers. All entries must be homegrown except in the case of wildflowers, Entries should comply with numbers and dimensions stated.
- Junior Entries should have the Date of Birth of entrant written on the front of the exhibit card. The upper age limit for junior entrants 18yrs on 31st Dec 2018. Please ensure that you enter into the correct age category class.
- ALL ENTRANTS SHOULD ENSURE CORRECT CLASS NUMBER IS ATTACHED TO THEIR EXHIBIT; A FREE GATE ENTRY PASS WILL BE GIVEN WITH TEN OR MORE ENTRIES IN THE SENIOR SECTION.
Sponsors: Muddy Burns Bar & Restaurant, Bourke Carrigg & Loftus Solicitors, Molloy Concrete & Neil Kilroy
1 BALE OF HAY
2 EIGHT POTATOES (early)
3 EIGHT POTATOES QUEENS [in dish] 4 SIX SODS OF TURF HAND CUT
5 HOME MADE GARDEN COMPOST[sample in container 30cm x 30cm x 10cm deep approx)
Sponsor: MK Tyres & Arthur Hicks Carpentry
1st prize €10 2nd prize €5
6 THREE HEN EGGS – Brown
7 THREE HEN EGGS – White
8 THREE BANTAM EGGS – Brown
9 THREE BANTAM EGGS – White
10 THREE DUCK EGGS – White
11 THREE DUCK EGGS – Any colour
Display eggs on plastic plate or dish, use poultry meal (no shavings).
Note – 1st and 2nd prize in this section only