ENNISCRONE & DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL & INDUSTRIAL SHOW
To most humans, flowers are seen as objects to decorate homes, gardens, bodies, and more. However, flowers have a much more important purpose than decorating.
Flowers are the part of plants that make seeds which in turn make new plants. In order to make a seed, pollen from one flower has to combine with the eggs from another flower; this is called pollination. Flowers are highly adapted to attract their specific pollinators such as bees, flies, moths, hummingbirds, and bats just to name a few. This is why flowers are brightly colored and highly scented making them the beautiful creations that they are. The facts about flowers are that without them, we would not have food, medicines, dyes, textiles, and other necessities of daily living. There are so many interesting facts about flowers!
Rules pertaining to Home Industries Section
- Strictly No entries will be taken on the day of show.
- All Entries to be in place by 9.30am and judging will commence at 10.30am sharp.
- Entries must be the work of Amateur Exhibitors.
- Closing date for Entries Friday 5th July at 4 pm.
- The Show will not take responsibility for any loss or damage to exhibitor’s property.
- Farm Produce, Horticulture, All entries must be grown by the competitor, incorrect dimensions or an excessive number of vegetables, fruit etc will be disqualified.
- Arts, Crafts, Photography, Woodwork must be the unaided work of the competitor and should not have been shown previously at Enniscrone Show. All work should comply with the dimensions stated.
- Cookery. All entries must be the un-aided, home-produced work of the exhibitor. Entries should comply with numbers and dimensions stated.
- Flowers. All entries must be homegrown except in the case of wildflowers, Entries should comply with numbers and dimensions stated.
- Junior Entries should have the Date of Birth of entrant written on the front of the exhibit card. The upper age limit for junior entrants 18yrs on 31st Dec 2018. Please ensure that you enter into the correct age category class.
- ALL ENTRANTS SHOULD ENSURE CORRECT CLASS NUMBER IS ATTACHED TO THEIR EXHIBIT; A FREE GATE ENTRY PASS WILL BE GIVEN WITH TEN OR MORE ENTRIES IN THE SENIOR SECTION.
The Collins Flowers Perpetual Trophy will be awarded to the winner of the Rose of the Show.
The Enniscrone Show Cup will be awarded to the best overall exhibit in senior flowers.
Sponsors: Austin Tuffy Landscape, McLoughlin’s Pat Dowd Night Hire Company, Blooms and Things, Castleconnor GAA Club, Blooms & Things, Lainey’Os, Carraig Fhada Seaweed.
34 4 BLOOMS DECORATIVE DAHLIAS
35 4 BLOOMS POMPOM DAHLIAS
36 8 BLOOMS SWEET PEA (mixed colours)
37 4 STEM OF LUPINS (single colour or mixed)
38 5 MIXED FLOWERING PERENNIALS (excluding bulbs)
39 39 4 MIXED FLOWERING BULB/TUBERS (excluding foliage)
40 40 COLLECTION OF BEGONIAS.
41 ROSE OF SHOW (1st Prize Only)
42 ROSES H.T. 3 BLOOMS (one vase)
43 BOWL OF ROSES (8 HBT mixed or one colour)
44 4 BLOOMSOF GLADIOLI
44A HYDRANGEAS 3 BLOOMS IN VASE
45 MOST TASTEFULLY ARRANGED VASE OF MIXED ANNUALS
46 MIXED SHRUB ARRANGEMENT (Dimensions 60cm x 40cm approx)
47 BASKET OF GARDEN FLOWERS (greenery allowed, Max size 40cm x 35cm approx)
48 ARRANGEMENT OF FLOWERS (one colour only, foliage of the flowers allowed, Dimensions 60cm x 40cm approx)
49 ARRANGEMENT OF WILDFLOWERS (excluding noxious weeds, Choose 5 specimens from the following list plus two not listed; CornPoppy, Cornflower, Foxglove, Field Scabious, Meadowsweet, Hypericum, Honeysuckle, Oxeye Daisy. Max size 60cm x 40cm approx)
50 TABLE CENTRE (mixed colour not more than 30cm wide 20cm high)
51 VASE OF GARDEN PLANTS/FLOWERS/SHRUBS THAT WILL ATTRACT BEES AND BUTTERFLIES (5 specimens including two not listed; Lavender, Verbena, Honeysuckle, Buddleia, Rosemary, Sedum, Hebe, Size 60 x 40cm approx.)
52 FLOWERING POT PLANT
53 NON-FLOWERING POT PLANT
54 CORSAGE ARRANGEMENT (fresh flowers only)
55 6 PANSIES on a plate
56 BEST WINDOW BOX, TUB OR PLANTER IN FLOWER (12 – 16 litre capacity)
INTELLECTUAL DISABILITY SECTION (open age group)
Entry Fee to Intellectual Disability €1
1st Prize €10 2nd Prize €7 3rd Prize €5
Sponsor Martin Merrick Ballina
57 ARRANGEMENT OF GARDEN OR WILDFLOWERS
JUNIOR FLOWERS SECTION (up to 18 years)
Sponsor: Maura Harnett, Enniscrone & Hazel Jewellers
Entry Fee to Junior Section €2
1st Prize €10 2nd Prize €7 3rd Prize €5
58 MY GARDEN, An exhibit in a seed tray, 25cms width, 35cms depth height appropriate to exhibit
59 ARRANGEMENT OF GARDEN FLOWERS in a vase.
60 VASE OF GARDEN PLANTS/FLOWERS/SHRUBS THAT WILL ATTRACT BEES AND BUTTERFLIES 3specimens including 1 not listed, Lavender, Verbena, Honeysuckle, Buddleia, Rosemary, Sedum, Hebe (Size 60x40cm approx)
61 FLOWER GIRL POSY
62 BEST SUNFLOWER